How Can I Benefit From Invisalign?
In general, Invisalign can be used to treat the same orthodontic issues that are normally treated with braces. Our team may recommend Invisalign to correct:
- Crowded teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Gapped and spaced teeth
- Certain problems with the bite, such as an overbite, open bite, underbite, or crossbite
During your initial visit, we will determine whether you are a good candidate for Invisalign. This treatment is often a good choice for adult patients and others who are interested in a virtually invisible orthodontic treatment. The smooth, thin plastic makes Invisalign aligners comfortable and easy to wear. The aligners are removable, making eating, brushing, and flossing a breeze
How Invisalign Works For You
At Thirty Two & You, Invisalign treatment is simple. First, you meet with Dr. Bygness, who takes orthodontic records of your teeth and fills out an Invisalign treatment plan or prescription form. He sends this information to Align Technology, which creates a computer model of your teeth. Align then uses it advanced, 3-D imaging software to generate a graphical representation of your treatment plan, showing how your teeth will move to the desired position.
Dr. Bygness reviews, modifies and approves the rendering of his treatment plan. Then, Align Technology produces a series of clear, plastic aligners customized for each stage of tooth movement. You wear each stage of aligners for approximately two weeks, straightening your teeth week by week.
What Are The Benefits Of Invisalign?
- Improved Oral Hygiene — With an orthodontic appliance that is removable, you will be able to clean your teeth much more easily than if you were wearing metal braces.
- A Discreet Look — If you consider your orthodontic treatment to be a private matter, or simply feel that metal braces don't fit with your self-image, a practically invisible form of orthodontic treatment might suit you.
- More Dietary Choices — To protect metal wires and braces, some diet modifications are necessary. With clear aligners, you can still bite into an apple or a crispy pizza crust.
- Comfort — The soft, flexible material of which Invisalign is made will not irritate the soft tissues of the mouth, as metal wires and braces can.
- Teeth-Grinding Protection — If you have a teeth-grinding or clenching habit, clear aligners can function as thin nightguards that will protect your teeth from excessive wear.
Clear aligner technology has been improving over the years and can correct many malocclusions that once would have been too complicated for this form of treatment. Yet there are still some situations for which traditional braces are best. We would be happy to discuss this in detail with you.
How Long Does Treatment Take?
Like traditional braces, the length of treatment depends on the complexity of the cases. Treatment time typically is less than conventional braces; averaging about a year.
Does Insurance Cover Invisalign?
Typically, an insurance policy that covers traditional braces also covers Invisalign to the same extent.
Ask Us If Invisalign Is Right For You
For most patients who want a straighter and more attractive smile, Invisalign can provide a more discreet and convenient alternative to traditional braces. To find out Invisalign is right for you, schedule a consultation by calling Thirty Two & You Family Dental today at 712.263.3252.
Make an appointment