Root Canal Therapy – Denison, IA
How We Stop the
Worst Dental Pain
Needless to say, root canal therapy doesn’t exactly have the best reputation. Despite what you may have seen in movies and on TV, it’s actually a virtually painless procedure, and we use it to repair the most damaged teeth and save them from extraction. If you have a terrible toothache that only seems to be getting worse, give us a call today. Dr. Ryan Bygness may be able to use root canal therapy in Denison to quickly get you out of pain and save your smile!
Why Choose 32 & You for Root Canal Therapy?
- Same-Day Appointments for Patients in Pain
- Patient Comfort Is Our #1 Priority
- Trusted by Local Families Since 1997
Do I Need Root Canal Therapy?
Just because you have a toothache doesn’t necessarily mean that you need to undergo root canal therapy. This service is reserved for teeth that have become damaged, decayed, or infected to the point where they can’t be treated with just a filling or dental crown. Here are some of the most commons symptoms that may signify that you are in need of root canal therapy:
- Severe toothache or dental pain that has lasted for more than 24 hours
- New or worsening tooth sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures
- Pain in one or more teeth when you bite down
- Swollen, red, or tender gums
- A bump on the gums near the painful tooth that resembles a pimple
If you have one or more of these symptoms, give our office a call so we can schedule you a same-day appointment to give you some relief.
The Root Canal Process
Root canal therapy is used to alleviate discomfort and save teeth that are damaged. First, you will be given a local anesthetic to ensure that you are comfortable throughout the duration of the procedure. This way, the area will be completely numb, and you won’t be able to feel a thing. Dr. Bygness will make a small hole in your enamel and remove all of the infected or damaged tissues from the inside of your tooth. Afterwards, he will clean and sanitize the tooth to made sure that it is completely free of bacteria. The tooth is then filled with a biocompatible material. A lot of the time, after the tooth has been filled, a dental crown will be placed over it to keep it safe from further damage.
The Benefits of Getting a Root Canal
Root canal therapy is a safe way to prevent oral health problems in the future. Some of the benefits include:
- Preserving the tooth: When compared to extractions, saving a tooth with root canal therapy can save you a lot of time, money, and complications.
- Stop harmful bacteria: Root canal therapy effectively cleans away harmful particles that are causing you pain and discomfort.
- Painless treatment: It may have a bad reputation, but root canal therapy is actually virtually pain-free! It’s about as comfortable as getting a standard filling and requires much less healing time than an extraction.